This page describes migrating an existing Cloud Endpoints 1.0 app to Endpoints Frameworks for App Engine in Java. Note that this page refers to Cloud Endpoints 1.0 as Cloud Endpoints Frameworks version 1.0 and new Endpoints Frameworks for App Engine as Endpoints Frameworks version 2.0.
The new framework brings a number of benefits, including:
- Reduced request latency
- Better integration with App Engine features (such as custom domains)
- Official support for Guice configurations
- Optionally, new API management features
Endpoints Frameworks 2.0 does not affect the interfaces to your API. Existing clients continue to work after migration without any client-side code changes.
Currently excluded features and tools
The following features are not currently available. If you require any of these, please submit a feature request.
- JSON-RPC protocol, which is required for legacy iOS clients. To create iOS clients for your Endpoints Frameworks v2 API, we recommend that you use Google APIs Objective-C Client Library for REST APIs.
- Automatic ETags
- Automatic kind fields
- IDE integration
- Automatic PATCH API method creation
In addition, the following tools are not currently supported for version 2.0:
- Android Studio support for Cloud Endpoints 1.0
Migrating to Endpoints Frameworks 2.0 using a Discovery Document
Endpoints Frameworks 2.0 has moved to Maven artifacts in group
The base required JAR is in the
endpoints-framework artifact. If you wish to
use Guice configuration, add the
The following instructions provide an example of how to migrate from Cloud Endpoints Frameworks 1.0 to Endpoints Frameworks 2.0 using a Discovery Document: