The DLP API provides programmatic access to a powerful sensitive data inspection, classification, and de-identification platform.
The DLP API includes:
- 70+ predefined information type (or "infoType") detectors
- The ability to define custom infoType detectors using dictionaries, regular expressions, and contextual elements.
- De-identification techniques including redaction, masking, format-preserving encryption, date-shifting, and more.
- The ability to detect sensitive data within streams of data, files in storage repositories such as Cloud Storage and BigQuery, and even within images.
- Analysis of structured data to help understand its risk of being re-identified, including computation of metrics like k-anonymity, l-diversity, and more.