You can build your artifacts with:
- Cloud Build, which tightly integrates with Artifact Registry.
- Format-specific tools such as Maven for Java packages or Docker for container images. Refer the sections for each artifact format to learn more.
- General build or continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Tekton.
The approach that you take to building artifacts can impact the speed of builds and deployments, the effort required to maintain artifacts, and the security of your applications. Use the following resources as a starting point to learn more:
Learn about DevOps capabilities that drive higher software delivery and organizational performance. These capabilities were identified by the DevOps Research and Assessment research program.
For container images:
- Learn best practices for building containers that are easier build and run.
- Learn Docker best practices for building images.