Artifact Registry supports the following container image formats:
- Docker Image Manifest V2, Schema 1
- Docker Image Manifest V2, Schema 2
- Open Container Initiative (OCI) Image Format Specifications
Docker V2 image manifest is a specification for container images that allows multi-architecture images and supports content-addressable images.
Docker V2 images supersede Docker V1 images, which are deprecated.
OCI Image Format
The OCI image format is a specification for container images based on the Docker Image Manifest Version 2, Schema 2 format. Artifact Registry implements the OCI Specification, an API protocol to help standardize distribution of content.
You can store artifacts that support the OCI image format in Artifact Registry Docker repositories. For example:
- Helm 3 charts can be packaged in OCI format. For more information, see the Artifact Registry Helm overview.
- Authentication is similar to authentication for
Singularity can read settings that the credential helper added to the
config.json. If you are using a token or service account key for password authentication, you can use the singularity remote login command to log in with your credentials.
- Use the singularity pull command with the
oras://URI to pull images.
- Use the singularity push command with the
oras://URI to push images.
For example, the following command pulls
my-app:latestfrom the repository
singularity pull oras://us-west1.pkg.dev/my-project/sif-repo/my-app:latest`
- Authentication is similar to authentication for Docker clients. Singularity can read settings that the credential helper added to the Docker client
Manifest lists and image indexes
Manifest lists are part of the Docker V2, Schema 2 and OCI images.
Manifest lists allow a single digest or tag to represent multiple forms of an image.
Image indexes are the equivalent of manifest lists in OCI images.
Like manifest lists, an image index manifest refers to multiple image manifests. Image indexes are useful for multi-platform images.
The following package types are available:
You can store Kubeflow pipeline templates in a Kubeflow Pipelines repository in Artifact Registry. A pipeline template lets you reuse ML workflow definitions when you're managing ML workflows in Vertex AI.
Private preview formats
Private preview features are only available to users who signed up for Artifact Registry private preview access. For more information, contact your Google representative.