This page describes the steps to enable and disable Artifact Registry.
If you use Container Registry, you can enable Artifact Registry in the same project. Each service operates independently.
See Pricing for information about charges for Artifact Registry
Sign in to your Google Account.
If you don't already have one, sign up for a new account.
In the Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Cloud project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your Google Cloud project. Learn how to confirm billing is enabled for your project.
- Enable the Artifact Registry API.
- Install and initialize Cloud SDK if it is not already installed.
- Install the beta component.
gcloud components install beta
- Update the gcloud components.
gcloud components update
Before you disable the Artifact Registry API, ensure that any artifacts that you want to keep are available in another location. It is recommended that you delete repositories before disabling the API.
When you disable the Artifact Registry API, the following conditions apply:
- Repositories and artifacts in repositories become inaccessible.
- Data might be deleted within 7 days after the API is disabled.
To disable the API from the Cloud Console:
- Go to the Artifact Registry API Overview page.
- From the projects list, select a project.
- Click DISABLE API.