Cloud Run is a managed compute platform suitable for deploying containerized applications, and is serverless. Cloud Run abstracts away all infrastructure so users can focus on building applications.
- Cloud Run general tips - how to implement a Cloud Run service, start containers quickly, use global variables, and improve container security.
- Instance scaling - how to scale and limit container instances and minimize response time by keeping some instances idle instead of stopping them.
- Using minimum instances - specify the least number of container instances ready to serve, and when set appropriately high, minimize average response time by reducing the number of cold starts.
- Optimizing Java applications for Cloud Run - understand the tradeoffs of some optimizations for Cloud Run services written in Java, and reduce startup time and memory usage.
- Optimizing Python applications for Cloud Run - optimize the container image by improving efficiency of the WSGI server, and optimize applications by reducing the number of threads and executing startup tasks in parallel.