Supported Use Cases
- Label Detection
- Detect over 20,000 entities and actions within your video, ranging from "dog," to "flower," to "running".
- Object Trackingbeta
- Object tracking returns details about objects detected and tracked in a video, including when in the video the object is detected (time segments) and the location of the object within the frame (bounding box).
- Shot Change Detection
- Detect scene changes within the video.
- Explicit Content Detection
- Detect adult content within a video.
- Text Detection (OCR)beta
- Extract text detected in a video, including when in the video the text is detected (timestamp) and the location of the text within the frame (bounding box).
- Speech Transcription for Videobeta
- The video transcription model is optimized to process audio from videos. This makes it easier to search speech content and to extract speech from videos to create closed captioning and subtitles.
“ Google Video Intelligence allows CBS Interactive to plug into our existing video encoding framework to generate video metadata. It provides us with options to use as is or to enhance other models. The performance and reliability allows us to enhance the video experience for our customers and improve content awareness and personalization. ”— Adam Leary VP, Data Science Services, CBS Interactive
“ Thanks to the Google Cloud Video Intelligence API, we have been able to very quickly process and understand the content of video down to the individual frame, with an impressively rich taxonomy. This will revolutionize media management and take it to the next generation. ”— Mikael Wahlberg VP, Product Development, Cantemo