This document explains Google Transfer Appliance pricing details.
Pricing for Transfer Appliance includes the following items:
- You pay a usage fee for Transfer Appliance, which includes a certain number of free days of onsite usage. You are given 10 days for the 100 terabyte (TB) appliance and 25 days for the 480 TB appliance. Only weekdays are counted towards free day usage.
- You pay shipping costs for Transfer Appliance, based on the standard carrier rates for your location and the shipping option you choose. Shipping costs are an important consideration, as shipping one 480 TB appliance is typically 70% cheaper than shipping five 100 TB appliances. Google will work with you to choose the best option based on your needs.
- If the appliance is kept for longer than the allotted free days, you incur a late fee.
- You pay no data ingest fees to move the data from Transfer Appliance into Google Cloud Storage. Once the data is in Cloud Storage, you pay the associated monthly storage and operations costs for your stored data. For more information, see Google Cloud Storage Pricing.
- You pay for the Google Compute Engine virtual machine (VM) hosting the Rehydrator application that you use to rehydrate your data once it is uploaded into Cloud Storage. For more information, see Google Compute Engine Pricing.
The table below describes the fees associated with the different types of Transfer Appliances.
|Fees||100 Terabyte Transfer Appliance||480 Terabyte Transfer Appliance|
|Late fee||$30 per day||$90 per day|
|Shipping fee||Variable, based on the standard carrier rates to and from your location, and the shipping option you choose. 2-day shipping typically starts around $500.||Variable, based on the standard carrier rates to and from your location and the shipping option you choose. Freight shipping typically starts around $900.|
For a 480 TB Transfer Appliance that you return during the allotted time period and that runs $900 in total shipping costs, you would pay $2700.
For a 100 TB Transfer Appliance that you keep 2 days beyond the allotted time period and that runs $500 in total shipping costs, you would pay $860.