Service routing setup guides overview
This guide provides you with an outline of the documents to read and tasks to complete before you set up Traffic Director with the new service routing APIs. If you're setting up Traffic Director with the older APIs, read the setup guide overview instead.
Before you begin
Before you configure Traffic Director with the new APIs, read the documentation for preliminary setup, depending on whether you are deploying with Envoy proxies or proxyless gRPC services:
- Prepare to set up Traffic Director with Envoy
- Prepare to set up Traffic Director with proxyless gRPC services
Your deployment must meet the following prerequisites:
- Minimum Envoy version of 1.20.0
- Minimum gRPC bootstrap generator version of v0.13.0.
Enable the following additional APIs.
gcloud services enable \ osconfig.googleapis.com \ trafficdirector.googleapis.com \ compute.googleapis.com \ networkservices.googleapis.com
Follow the instructions in the setup guide for the configuration that you want:
- Set up proxyless gRPC services with a
- Set up Envoy proxies with HTTP services
- Set up an ingress gateway
- Set up TCP services with a
- Set up cross-project references with
- Set up Gateway TLS routing