Dataset pages are a quick and easy way to provide datasets for your customers or users of Google Cloud to use.
- You must sign up to become a Google Cloud partner. Learn about the requirements to become a partner.
- Your Google Cloud project name. If you haven't already done so,
create a project.
YOUR_ORGANIZATION-datasetas your projectID.
- Complete the project info form that the Google Cloud Marketplace team sends you.
- You must have a logo or icon for the Google Cloud Marketplace listing, in the PNG format. The background of the logo must be transparent, and not contain any text within it.
Google: Partner Manager
Partner (your organization): Product Manager or Product Marketing Lead
Roles and responsibilities
Google's Partner Manager: Assists partner with signing Google Cloud partnership agreement. Provides guidance on the marketing content. Also approves the content before it goes live. If you do not yet have an assigned Partner Manager, send questions and/or completed requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner's Marketing Lead: Responsible for creating content for Google Cloud Marketplace product page and landing page.
Expected customer experience
Your customer experience should be consistent with the browse/select/deploy buying experience on Google Cloud Marketplace. We want customers to get started with the product with minimal friction.
Your dataset listing on Google Cloud Marketplace must ensure that users coming to the Google Cloud Marketplace dataset page are able to clearly understand the offering, including service plans, their benefits, and cost, as applicable.
The onboarding process begins after the requirements are met. The steps are as follows:
- You provide a partner description, project ID, and other information to Google.
- A Google Partner Engineer creates your partner entity in the Google Cloud Marketplace system.
- The Google Partner Engineer allowlists the Partner Portal in your project.
- You create a product, and enter its content in the product fields. This includes information such as the pricing plans and details, a description of the service being provided, the icon to be shown on the SaaS page, and so on.
- You submit the page for review. Your Google Partner Engineer and Google Partner Manager are automatically notified via email.
- A Google Partner Manager or Google Partner Engineer reviews the content and approves the page. After it has been approved, the dataset page goes live within 10 minutes.
If your product is rejected, you can update the content with the changes requested by the Google Partner Manager or Google Partner Engineer, and then re-submit the page.
Creating a dataset product
After your project has been allowlisted for Partner Portal, you can create your dataset product. You should see a button on the top left of the Google Cloud Marketplace page. Click Partner Portal to enter.
In the Partner Portal, click Add Solution.
Add a name for your product, and in the Solution Type section, select Dataset. Then click Create.
In the Partner Portal, click the solution ID for your new solution.
To add search metadata and keywords for search engine optimization, edit the Solution Metadata.
To add general information about your product, such as a description and logo, edit the Solution Details. As you modify content on the right, you can see a live preview on the left.
To add information about support that users can get while using your dataset, edit Documentation & Support.
To preview your product from a user's perspective, click Preview & test solution. To exit the preview, click the Back button on the top-left.
When you are ready to submit your product, click Submit for review. Your Partner Engineer reviews the listing within three business days, and provides feedback or questions over email.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update my product's content or solution image?
Answer: Use the Partner Portal. Edit your solution, update the content or solution image, and submit the solution.
How do I contact you if I have more questions?
Answer: Email email@example.com.
How do I de-list my product in an emergency?
Answer: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.