Dataset products are a quick and easy way to provide datasets for your customers or users of Google Cloud to use.
- You must sign up to become a Google Cloud partner. Learn about the requirements to become a partner.
- Your Google Cloud project name. If you haven't already done so,
create a project.
YOUR_ORGANIZATION-publicas your projectID.
- Complete the project info form that the Google Cloud Marketplace team sends you.
- You must have a logo or icon for the Google Cloud Marketplace listing, in the PNG format. The background of the logo must be transparent, and not contain any text within it.
Google: Partner Manager
Partner (your organization): Product Manager or Product Marketing Lead
Roles and responsibilities
Google's Partner Manager:
- Assists partner with signing Google Cloud partnership agreement.
- Provides guidance on the marketing content.
- Approves the marketing content before it goes live.
If you don't currently have an assigned Partner Manager, send questions and/or completed requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner's Product Manager or Product Marketing Lead:
- Responsible for creating content for Google Cloud Marketplace product page and landing page.
Expected customer experience
Your customer experience should be consistent with the browse/select/deploy buying experience on Google Cloud Marketplace. We want customers to get started with the product with minimal friction.
Your dataset listing on Google Cloud Marketplace must ensure that users coming to the Google Cloud Marketplace dataset page are able to clearly understand the offering, including service plans, their benefits, and their costs, as applicable.
The onboarding process begins after the requirements are met. The initial steps are as follows:
- You provide a partner description, project ID, and other information to Google.
- A Google Partner Engineer creates your partner entity in the Google Cloud Marketplace system.
- The Google Partner Engineer adds your project to the allowlist for Producer Portal.
Create your product in Google Cloud Marketplace
To create and publish your product in Google Cloud Marketplace, you use Producer Portal. Your Partner Engineer enables it for you after you complete the Google Cloud Marketplace product information form.
To publish your product in Producer Portal, you submit the following information for review:
- Product Details: Add listing and marketing information for your product.
- Dataset Details: Submit details and specifications for your dataset product.
You can submit these reviews at any time and in any order. Some reviews might take up to two weeks for approval, so we recommend reviewing the requirements and getting started as early as possible.
At this stage, if you want to proceed with the Dataset Details review, you only need to create a Google Cloud Marketplace entry for your product. You can complete and submit the remaining Product Details for review at any time.
To create your product's Google Cloud Marketplace entry:
Open Producer Portal in the Google Cloud console:
Replace YOUR_PUBLIC_PROJECT_ID with the ID for the public project that you created for Google Cloud Marketplace—for example,
At the top of the page, click Add product.
Depending on where your dataset is hosted, select either BigQuery Dataset or Cloud Storage Hosted Data.
Under Product name, name your product and check the Product ID. The Product ID is used in the URL for your Google Cloud Marketplace listing.
Click Create. It might take a few seconds to create your product.
Add product details
Your product details include your product listing on Google Cloud Marketplace, marketing information, and links to documentation. You can start adding details now and submit for review later.
To provide information for your Product Details review:
- In the list of products, click the name of your product.
- Under Review: Product Details, click EDIT.
- In the Product Info tab, complete the details that appear in
your product listing on Google Cloud Marketplace:
- Enter a name, tagline, image, and overview description for your product.
- Select Category IDs to allow customers to find your product under product categories or filters as they search Google Cloud Marketplace. You can select up to two Category IDs for a product.
- Under Documentation, enter a link to the documentation for your dataset.
- Complete the rest of the Documentation and Product Metadata sections.
It takes approximately 2-5 business days for the Partner Engineering team to review and approve your product details.
Create a Getting Started document
Every product must be accompanied by a Google Cloud-specific Getting Started document that helps your customers with detailed usage and configuration instructions for your product. The documentation must be created and maintained by you on your website. We suggest that you co-brand the page with the Google Cloud logo, available at the Partner Advantage site.
The document should provide step-by-step guidance for the customer's journey, starting with the product listing page on Google Cloud Marketplace and extending all the way through the deployment, usage, and maintenance of the product. We recommend including screenshots throughout the document, in addition to the text instructions.
Submit your document
After you've finished the draft of your Getting Started document, email the URL of your draft to your assigned Partner Engineer for review and feedback.
Add dataset details
You must also provide details about your dataset that end users see on the product details page. To provide your dataset's details:
Within Producer Portal, go to the Dataset details section.
Specify if your product is a full dataset or a subset of the data. If it's a sample, you must also provide the Signup URL for the full dataset.
If your dataset is a BigQuery Dataset, specify the resource name of your dataset in the format
If your dataset Cloud Storage Hosted Data, specify the resource name of the Cloud Storage bucket for your dataset in the format
Under Getting started guide, provide a code snippet or images that demonstrate intended usage of the dataset.
Specify your dataset's Update frequency.
Submit your Dataset details for review in Producer Portal. After you submit the details for review, it can take up to two weeks for Google to review and approve them.
Publish your product
To publish your product on Google Cloud Marketplace, you must:
Complete the Product details and Dataset details reviews.
Be approved as a Google Cloud Build partner.
After all reviews have been approved, you can publish and launch the product within a few minutes. To publish your product:
In the list of products, click the product ID.
On the Overview page of your product, click Publish.
Contact your Partner Engineer so that they can review your submission and publish your product publicly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update my product's content or product image?
Answer: Use the Producer Portal. Edit your product, update the content or product image, and submit the product.
How do I contact you if I have more questions?
Answer: Email email@example.com.
How do I de-list my product in an emergency?
Answer: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.