What is Cloud FinOps?
An operational framework and cultural shift that brings technology, finance, and business together to drive financial accountability and accelerate business value realization through cloud transformation.
• FinOps enables enterprises to drive financial accountability and maximize business value
• FinOps helps understand the complexity and challenges to traditional IT financial management
• FinOps helps to identify the building blocks and key success metrics for business value realization
1. Accelerate business value realization and innovation
2. Drive financial accountability and visibility
3. Optimize cloud usage and cost efficiency
4. Enable cross-organizational trust and collaboration
5. Prevent sprawl of cloud spend
The five key building blocks of cloud FinOps
Adoption of the cloud FinOps design principles will establish a self-governing, cost-conscious culture and promote both financial accountability and business agility in the cloud.
Cultural principles play a critical role in the success of the cloud FinOps program.
Five key success metrics to measure cloud FinOps impact
Well-defined success metrics are critical for measuring impact.
Measure cost efficiency through infrastructure savings, migration, and support costs.
Focus on infrastructure, support, and implementation.
Enhance operational resiliency with improvement in service quality and security risk posture.
Focus on service quality, security posture, and operational stability.
Increase time to market by accelerating fluidity in product and service delivery.
Focus on developer productivity, release frequency, and business agility.