To take effect: This page takes effect when Cloud Filestore is General Availability (GA).
Last modified: June 29, 2018
During the term of the Google Cloud Platform License Agreement or Google Cloud Platform Reseller Agreement (as applicable, the "Agreement"), the Covered Service will provide a Monthly Uptime Percentage to Customer of at least 99.9% (the "Service Level Objective" or "SLO"):
If Google does not meet the SLO, and if Customer meets its obligations under this SLA, Customer will be eligible to receive the Financial Credits described below. This SLA states Customer's sole and exclusive remedy for any failure by Google to meet the SLO. Capitalized terms used in this SLA, but not defined in this SLA, have the meaning set forth in the Agreement. If the Agreement is the Google Cloud Platform Reseller Agreement, then all references to "Customer" in this SLA mean "Reseller," and any Financial Credit(s) will only apply for impacted Reseller order(s) under the Agreement.
The following definitions apply to the SLA.
- "Covered Service" means Cloud Filestore Standard and Premium Tier Instances.
- "Downtime" means with respect to the Covered Service: all requests fail.
- "Downtime Period" means with respect to the Covered Service: five consecutive minutes of Downtime. Intermittent Downtime for a period of less than five minutes will not be counted towards any Downtime Periods. Downtime as part of Scheduled Maintenance will not be counted towards any Downtime Period.
"Financial Credit" means the following
for the Covered Service (except as otherwise set forth below):
Monthly Uptime Percentage Percentage of monthly bill which does not meet SLO that will be credited to future monthly bills of Customer 99.0%–< 99.9% 10% 95%–< 99.0% 25% <95% 50%
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" means total number of minutes in a month, minus the number of minutes of Downtime suffered from all Downtime Periods in a month, divided by the total number of minutes in a month.
- "Scheduled Maintenance" is Downtime related to network, hardware, or software maintenance or upgrades. Scheduled Maintenance will be performed at Google’s discretion.
Customer Must Request Financial Credit
In order to receive any of the Financial Credits described above, Customer must notify Google technical support within thirty days from the time Customer becomes eligible to receive a Financial Credit. Failure to comply with this requirement will forfeit Customer’s right to receive a Financial Credit.
Maximum Financial Credit
The aggregate maximum number of Financial Credits to be issued by Google to Customer for any and all Downtime Periods that occur in a single billing month will not exceed 50% of the amount due by Customer for the applicable Covered Service for the applicable month. Financial Credits will be made in the form of a monetary credit applied to future use of the Covered Service and will be applied within 60 days after the Financial Credit was requested.
The SLA does not apply to any: (a) features or Services designated Alpha or Beta (unless otherwise set forth in the associated Documentation), (b) features or Services excluded from the SLA (in the associated Documentation), (c) features or Services that have been deprecated, or (d) errors: (i) caused by factors outside of Google’s reasonable control; (ii) that resulted from Customer’s software or hardware or third party software or hardware, or both; (iii) that resulted from abuses or other behaviors that violate the Agreement; or (iv) that resulted from quotas listed in the Documentation.