This topic shows you how to create a domain with Managed Service for Microsoft Active Directory.
Before you begin
Sign in to your Google Account.
If you don't already have one, sign up for a new account.
In the Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Cloud project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your Google Cloud project. Learn how to confirm billing is enabled for your project.
- Enable the Managed Microsoft AD, Cloud DNS, and Compute Engine APIs.
- Create a new Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network to deploy your domain to, or use an existing one. Legacy networks are not supported. Take note of your VPC network's name. You need it for the domain creation process.
You need the following information to create your domain:
A fully qualified domain name (FQDN); for example,
ad.mycompany.com. Learn more about Microsoft's naming conventions in Active Directory.
A private CIDR IP range not in use by any of the VPC's subnetworks; for example,
10.1.0.0/24. Ideally, select a range not in use of any of the VPC subnetworks where the domain might be used. Learn more about selecting IP ranges.
A delegated administrator account username. You can define this username or use the default,
Creating the domain
After you complete the prerequisites and gather your domain information, you can create the domain.
Select Create New AD Domain.
On the Create new domain page, enter the information you gathered.
- Enter the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for your domain.
- Under Network details, select your VPC network name from the list. Select OK.
- Enter the CIDR Range for your domain controller.
- Under Regions, select a region from the list to deploy the domain controller to.
- Under Delegated Admin, you can enter an Admin name or use the
Select Create domain.
It can take up to 60 minutes to create a domain. You'll receive a notification in Cloud Console when the creation is finished.
Run the following
gcloud tool command. Replace the placeholder
variables with the information you gathered.
gcloud active-directory domains create fully-qualified-domain-name \ --reserved-ip-range=cidr-range --region=region \ --authorized-networks=vpc-network-name
You receive the following response that indicates domain creation has started:
Create request issued for: fully-qualified-domain-name Waiting for operation-1554140234884-5857b78a1a49e-02bc63a3-77e5c7ee to complete...
It can take up to 60 minutes to create a domain. The
gcloud operation status
updates when domain creation is complete.
Congratulations! You created a domain using Managed Service for Microsoft Active Directory.