This guide describes basic intent settings.
Where to find this data
- Go to the Dialogflow Console.
- Select an agent.
- Select Intents in the left sidebar menu.
- Select an intent.
If you are building an agent using the API instead of the console, see the Intents reference. The API field names are similar to the console field names.
You can set a priority for each intent, which affects how it is matched. To set an intent's priority:
- Click the colored dot to the left of the intent name.
- Select the priority from the drop-down menu.
When using the API, a negative priority value
corresponds to the
in the console and is used to disable the intent
for runtime detect intent requests.
To enable fulfillment for an intent:
- Scroll down to the Fulfillment section.
- Toggle Enable webhook call for this intent to on.
- Click Save.
Intent matching typically involves both grammar matching and ML matching. You can configure an intent to disable ML matching and rely on grammar matching alone.
You may need to do this to prevent or reduce over-triggering of intents where it's possible to provide a near-complete set of training phrases.
To disable ML matching:
- Click the option more_vert button at the top of the intent page.
- Select Disable ML.