This page lists all the pricing for Compute Engine.
Compute Engine charges for usage based on the following price sheet. A bill is sent out at the end of each billing cycle, listing previous usage and charges. Prices on this page are listed in U.S. dollars (USD).
For Compute Engine, disk size, machine type memory, and network usage are calculated in gigabytes (GB), where 1 GB is 230 bytes. This unit of measurement is also known as a gibibyte (GiB).
If you pay in a currency other than USD, the prices listed in your currency on Cloud Platform SKUs apply.
You can also find pricing information with the following options:
- See the estimated costs of your instances and Compute Engine resources when you create them in the Google Cloud Console.
- Estimate your total project costs with the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator.
- View and download prices from the Pricing Table in the Cloud Console.
- Use the Cloud Billing Catalog API for programmatic access to SKU information.
General-purpose machine types
E2 machine types
E2 standard machine types
E2 high-memory machine types
E2 high-CPU machine types
E2 custom vCPUs and memory
N2 machine types
N2 standard machine types
N2 high-memory machine types
N2 high-CPU machine types
N2 custom vCPUs and memory
N2 extended custom memory
N2D machine types
N2D standard machine types
N2D high-memory machine types
N2D high-CPU machine types
N2D custom vCPUs and memory
N2D extended custom memory
N1 machine types
N1 standard machine types
N1 high-memory machine types
N1 high-CPU machine types
N1 custom vCPUs and memory
N1 extended custom memory
Compute-optimized machine types
C2 vCPUs and memory
C2 machine types
Memory-optimized machine types
vCPUs and memory
M2 memory-optimized machine types
M1 memory-optimized machine types
Shared-core machine types
E2 shared-core machine types
N1 shared-core machine types
Sole-tenant node pricing
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and RHEL for SAP images
- $0.06 USD/hour for instances with 4 or fewer vCPUs
- $0.13 USD/hour for instances with more than 4 vCPUs
RHEL for SAP with HA and Update Services images:
- $0.10 USD/hour for instances with 4 or fewer vCPUs
- $0.225 USD/hour for instances with more than 4 vCPUs
All RHEL and RHEL for SAP images are charged a 1 minute minimum. After 1 minute, RHEL images are charged in 1 second increments.
SLES images and SLES for SAP images
- $0.02 USD/hour for
- $0.11 USD/hour for all other machine types
SLES for SAP images:
- $0.17 USD/hour for instances with 1 - 2 vCPUs
- $0.34 USD/hour for instances with 3 - 4 vCPUs
- $0.41 USD/hour for instances with 5 or more vCPUs
All SLES images are charged a 1 minute minimum. After 1 minute, SLES images are charged in 1 second increments.
Windows Server images
Public images for several versions of Windows Server are available in either the Server Core configuration or the Server with Desktop Experience configuration. Both configurations are available at the following prices:
- $0.023 USD/hour for
- $0.046 USD per core/hour for all other machine types
Standard machine types, high-CPU machine types, and high-memory machine types
are charged based on the number of CPUs. For example,
machine-types with 4 vCPUs, and are charged at $0.184 USD/hour (4 x $0.046
Windows Server images are charged a 1 minute minimum. After 1 minute, Windows images are charged in 1 second increments. SQL Server images are charged a 10 minute minimum. After 10 minutes, SQL Server images are charged in 1 minute increments.
SQL Server images
SQL Server images incur costs in addition to the cost for Windows Server images and the cost for the selected machine type.
- $0.399 USD per core/hour for SQL Server Enterprise
- $0.1645 USD per core/hour for SQL Server Standard
- $0.011 USD per core/hour for SQL Server Web
- No additional charge for SQL Server Express
Microsoft SQL Server licensing requires a core license to be assigned to each virtual CPU on your virtual machine instance, with a four core minimum for each instance. Instances with fewer than 4 vCPUs will be charged for SQL Server at 4 x $0.1645 USD/hour ($0.658 USD/hour) to comply with these requirements. For instances with 4 or more vCPUs, Compute Engine charges you for Microsoft SQL Server licenses in increments of 2. However, instances with a custom machine type will be charged for the number of SQL Server licenses that is equal to the number of vCPUs.
Google recommends that you not use SQL Server images on
g1-small machine types based on Microsoft's minimum hardware and software recommendations.
Unlike other premium images, SQL Server images are charged a 10 minute minimum. After 10 minutes, SQL Server images are charged in 1 minute increments.
Persistent disk pricing
Local SSD pricing
Custom image storage pricing
If you import or create custom images in Compute Engine, these images incur a storage cost. The cost of these custom images depends on the location where you store the image.
Machine image pricing