This page lists all the pricing for Compute Engine.
Compute Engine charges for usage based on the following price sheet. A bill is sent out at the end of each billing cycle, listing previous usage and charges. Prices on this page are listed in U.S. dollars (USD).
For Compute Engine, disk size, machine type memory, and network usage are calculated in gigabytes (GB), where 1 GB is 230 bytes. This unit of measurement is also known as a gibibyte (GiB).
If you pay in a currency other than USD, the prices listed in your currency on Cloud Platform SKUs apply.
You can also find pricing information with the following options:
- See the estimated costs of your instances and Compute Engine resources when you create them in the Google Cloud Console .
- Estimate your total project costs with the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator.
- View and download prices from the Pricing Table in the Cloud Console.
- Use the Cloud Billing Catalog API for programmatic access to SKU information.
Try it for yourself
If you're new to Google Cloud, create an account to evaluate how Compute Engine performs in real-world scenarios. New customers also get $300 in free credits to run, test, and deploy workloads.Try Compute Engine free
General-purpose machine types
E2 machine types
E2 standard machine types
E2 high-memory machine types
E2 high-CPU machine types
E2 custom vCPUs and memory
N2 machine types
N2 standard machine types
N2 high-memory machine types
N2 high-CPU machine types
N2 custom vCPUs and memory
N2 extended custom memory
N2D machine types
N2D standard machine types
N2D high-memory machine types
N2D high-CPU machine types
N2D custom vCPUs and memory
N2D extended custom memory
N1 machine types
N1 standard machine types
N1 high-memory machine types
N1 high-CPU machine types
N1 custom vCPUs and memory
N1 extended custom memory
Compute-optimized machine types
C2 vCPUs and memory
C2 machine types
Memory-optimized machine types
vCPUs and memory
M2 memory-optimized machine types
M1 memory-optimized machine types
Accelerator-optimized machine type family
A2 machine types
Shared-core machine types
E2 shared-core machine types
N1 shared-core machine types
Suspended VM instances
When you suspend an instance, Compute Engine preserves the memory and device state. While you are not charged for the VM instance as if it were running, suspended instances still incur charges for the following:
- Suspended instance memory and device state.
- Any persistent disk usage.
- Any static IPs attached to the VM instance.
Sole-tenant node pricing
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and RHEL for SAP images
- $0.06 USD/hour for instances with 4 or fewer vCPUs
- $0.13 USD/hour for instances with more than 4 vCPUs
RHEL for SAP with HA and Update Services images:
- $0.10 USD/hour for instances with 4 or fewer vCPUs
- $0.225 USD/hour for instances with more than 4 vCPUs
All RHEL and RHEL for SAP images are charged a 1 minute minimum. After 1 minute, RHEL images are charged in 1 second increments.
SLES images and SLES for SAP images
- $0.02 USD/hour for
- $0.11 USD/hour for all other machine types
SLES for SAP images:
- $0.17 USD/hour for instances with 1 - 2 vCPUs
- $0.34 USD/hour for instances with 3 - 4 vCPUs
- $0.41 USD/hour for instances with 5 or more vCPUs
All SLES images are charged a 1 minute minimum. After 1 minute, SLES images are charged in 1 second increments.
Committed use discounts are now available for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) for SAP licenses. To purchase a commitment, see Purchasing commitments for SAP premium SLES images.
Windows Server images
Public images for several versions of Windows Server are available in either the Server Core configuration or the Server with Desktop Experience configuration. Both configurations are available at the following prices:
- $0.023 USD/hour for
- $0.046 USD per core/hour for all other machine types
Standard machine types, high-CPU machine types, and high-memory machine types
are charged based on the number of CPUs. For example,
machine-types with 4 vCPUs, and are charged at $0.184 USD/hour (4 x $0.046
Windows Server images are charged a 1 minute minimum. After 1 minute, Windows images are charged in 1 second increments.
For information about licensing for Windows Server images, see Microsoft licenses.
SQL Server images
- $0.399 USD per core/hour for SQL Server Enterprise
- $0.1645 USD per core/hour for SQL Server Standard
- $0.011 USD per core/hour for SQL Server Web
- No additional charge for SQL Server Express
Microsoft SQL Server licensing requires a core license to be assigned to each virtual CPU on your virtual machine instance, with a four core minimum for each instance. Instances with fewer than 4 vCPUs will be charged for SQL Server at 4 x $0.1645 USD/hour ($0.658 USD/hour) to comply with these requirements. For instances with 4 or more vCPUs, Compute Engine charges you for Microsoft SQL Server licenses in increments of 2. However, instances with a custom machine type will be charged for the number of SQL Server licenses that is equal to the number of vCPUs.
Unlike other premium images, SQL Server images are charged a 10 minute minimum. After 10 minutes, SQL Server images are charged in 1 minute increments.
For information about licensing for SQL Server OS images, see Microsoft licenses.
Persistent disk pricing
Local SSD pricing
Custom image storage pricing
If you import or create custom images in Compute Engine, these images incur a storage cost. The cost of these custom images depends on the location where you store the image.
Machine image pricing