Artifact Registry supports Debian packages that you manage with Apt.
To get familiar with Debian in Artifact Registry, you can try the Quickstart for Debian.
When you are ready to learn more, read the following information:
- Create a repository for the package type that you want to use.
- Choose whether you want to make your repository private or public. If your repository is private, Apt uses the Apt credential helper to authenticate access to private repositories based on Identity and Access Management permissions. If your repository is public, your repository is available to anyone on the internet, without authentication.
- Configure access to your repository.
- Configure the package manager and the repository so that VMs can install packages.
- Add, view, install, and delete packages.