Artifact Registry supports Debian packages that you manage with Apt.
To get familiar with Apt repositories in Artifact Registry, you can try the Quickstart for Apt.
When you are ready to learn more, read the following information:
- Create a repository for the package type that you want to use.
- Choose whether you want to make your repository private or public. Choose a
public repository to enable unauthenticated access, or choose a
private repository for authenticated access.
- If your repository is private, Apt uses the Apt credential helper to authenticate access to based on Identity and Access Management permissions.
- If your repository is public, your repository is available to anyone on the internet, without authentication. You can configure network-based access to a public repository by using a VPC service perimeter. See Securing repositories in a service perimeter for more information.
- Configure access to your repository.
- Configure the package manager and the repository so that VMs can install packages.
- Add, view, install, and delete packages.