Clean up your GCP project to avoid incurring charges to your account.
While leaving your project and web service running will not necessarily incur charges, a large amount of traffic to your service might cause you to exceed the free quotas. To avoid incurring charges, you can clean up your project by deleting or disabling your application and other associated resources.
Deciding how to clean up
You have several options for cleaning up your project that allow you to retain different amounts of project information and application data:
Retain your project name, application data, and other project resources while preventing charges from traffic to your web service.
Retain your project name and application data while preventing charges for any resources associated with your project.
Delete your project name, application data, and all other project resources.
Disabling your application
Disabling your application stops your application from running instances and serving requests while retaining application data and settings. Note that billing charges can still occur for the other services in your GCP project, like stored data.
To disable an App Engine application, go to the Application settings page, click Disable application, and then follow the prompts:
If your app is actively processing a request, it will continue to complete that task and can take up to an hour before your app is completely disabled.
For more information about disabling your application, see Disabling an application
Disabling billing stops automatic payments for all services in your project. Note that even if you disable billing, you're still be responsible for all outstanding charges on the account, which will be charged to your listed form of payment.
To disable billing for a project:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Open the left side menu and select Billing.
- If you have more than one billing account, select Go to linked billing account to manage the current project's billing. To locate a different billing account, select Manage billing accounts.
- Under Projects linked to this billing account, locate the name of the project that you want to disable billing for, and then from the menu next to it, select Disable billing. You are prompted to confirm that you want to disable billing for this project.
- Click Disable billing.
Deleting your project
You can release all the GCP resources in your GCP project by deleting your project.
- In the GCP Console, go to the Projects page.
- In the project list, select the project you want to delete and click Delete delete.
- In the dialog, type the project ID, and then click Shut down to delete the project.
Now that you have experience working with App Engine to deploy Python 3 web services and authenticate users, you're ready to build further with Python 3 App Engine tutorials.