Apigee Service Level Agreement (SLA)
During the Term of the agreement under which Google has agreed to provide Google Cloud Platform to Customer (as applicable, the "Agreement"), the Covered Service will provide a Monthly Uptime Percentage to Customer as follows (the "Service Level Objective" or "SLO"):
|Covered Service||Monthly Uptime Percentage|
|Apigee Standard||>= 99%|
|Apigee Enterprise, Apigee Enterprise Plus, or Apigee Pay-as-you-go||>= 99.99% for environments provisioned in 2 or
more Regions with a dual-region, multi-regional, or
Cloud KMS encryption
>= 99.9% for all other environments
If Google does not meet the SLO, and if Customer meets its obligations under this SLA, Customer will be eligible to receive the corresponding Financial Credits described below. Monthly Uptime Percentage and Financial Credit are determined on a calendar month basis. This SLA states Customer's sole and exclusive remedy for any failure by Google to meet the SLO. Capitalized terms used, but not defined, in this SLA have the meaning set forth in the Agreement. If the Agreement authorizes the resale or supply of Google Cloud Platform under a Google Cloud partner or reseller program, then all references to Customer in this SLA mean Partner or Reseller (as applicable), and any Financial Credit(s) will only apply for impacted Partner or Reseller order(s) under the Agreement.
The following definitions apply to the SLA:
- "Apigee Error Rate" means the total number of Unsuccessful API Requests divided by the Total API Requests during that five minute period. Google calculates the Apigee Error Rate for Customer's account as a percentage for each five minute period in the calendar month.
- "Covered Service" means Apigee Standard, Apigee Pay-as-you-go, Apigee Enterprise, or Apigee Enterprise Plus, but excluding API calls processed by Apigee hybrid or Apigee Adapter for Envoy.
- "Financial Credit" means the following for the Covered Service (except as otherwise set forth below):
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Percentage of monthly bill for the respective Covered Service in the Region(s) affected that does not meet SLO that will be credited to future monthly bills of Customer|
|98% -< 99%||10%|
|Apigee Enterprise, Apigee Enterprise Plus, or Apigee Pay-as-you-go|
|99.0% -< 99.99% (applicable to environments
provisioned in 2 or more Regions with a dual-region,
multi-regional, or global
Cloud KMS encryption
99.0% -< 99.9% (applicable to all other environments)
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" is calculated on a monthly basis for the applicable Region(s) by subtracting from 100% the average of the Apigee Error Rates from each five minute period in the calendar month, and does not include API calls processed by Apigee hybrid or Apigee Adapter for Envoy.
- "Region" means a region identified at https://cloud.google.com/about/locations.
- "Total API Requests" means the total number of successful Customer-initiated API requests (excluding requests to Covered Service management APIs) and Unsuccessful API Requests, in each case that are processed by the Covered Service.
- "Unsuccessful API Request" means any Customer-initiated API request (excluding requests to Covered Service management APIs) that is processed by the Covered Service and returns an HTTP status code in the 5xx family due to a Google error.
Customer Must Request Financial Credit
In order to receive any of the Financial Credits described above, Customer must notify Google at email@example.com within five (5) calendar days of the end of the month in which Customer becomes eligible to receive a Financial Credit. If Customer does not comply with this requirement, Customer will forfeit its right to receive a Financial Credit.
Maximum Financial Credit
The aggregate maximum number of Financial Credits to be issued by Google to Customer for any and all Downtime Periods that occur in a single billing month will not exceed 25% of the amount due by Customer for the applicable Covered Service for the applicable month. Financial Credits will be made in the form of a monetary credit applied to future use of the Covered Service and will be applied within 60 days after the Financial Credit was requested, or refunded if Customer has paid Google in advance.
The SLA does not apply to any (a) features or Services designated pre-general availability (unless otherwise set forth in the associated Documentation), (b) features or Services excluded from the SLA (in the associated Documentation), (c) features or Services that have been deprecated, or (d) errors (i) caused by factors outside of Google's reasonable control; (ii) that resulted from Customer's software or hardware or third party software or hardware, or both; (iii) that resulted from abuses or other behaviors that violate the Agreement; or (iv) that resulted from quotas listed in the Documentation.