Cloud SQL for SQL Server
- Fully managed SQL Server databases in the cloud.
- Custom machine types with up to 624 GB of RAM and 96 CPUs.
- Up to 30 TB of storage available, with the ability to automatically increase storage size as needed.
- Create and manage instances in the Google Cloud Console.
- Instances available in US, EU, Asia or Australia.
- Customer data encrypted on Google's internal networks and in database tables, temporary files, and backups.
- Support for secure external connections with the Cloud SQL Proxy or with the SSL/TLS protocol.
- Import databases using BAK and SQL files.
- Export databases using BAK files.
- Automated and on-demand backups.
- Instance cloning.
- Integration with Stackdriver logging and monitoring.
- SQL Server Agent enabled to facilitate replication and other jobs.
- Set a default collation for databases, when creating an instance.
SQL Server features unavailable for Cloud SQL
General features unavailable for Cloud SQL
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), but you can use Compute Engine or a self-managed environment (from which you connect to Cloud SQL)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), but you can use Compute Engine or a self-managed environment (from which you connect to Cloud SQL)
- AD Authentication
- SP_Configure settings (but see Configuring database flags)
- Stretch database
- Backing up to Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Buffer pool extension
- BULK INSERT and OPENROWSET(BULK...) features
- Data Quality Services
- Database Log Shipping
- Always On Availability Groups
- Database Mail
- Distribution Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)
- File tables
- FILESTREAM support
- Maintenance Plans
- Performance Data Collector
- Policy-Based Management
- Machine Learning and R Services (requires OS access to install it)
- Resource Governor
- SQL Server Audit
- Server-level triggers
- Service Broker endpoints
- T-SQL endpoints (all operations using
CREATE ENDPOINTare unavailable)
- WCF Data Services
- CDC - Change Data Capture
sysadminrole and system stored procedures that require it
Other operations unavailable for Cloud SQL
- ADMINISTER BULK OPERATIONS
- ALTER ANY CREDENTIAL
- ALTER ANY EVENT NOTIFICATION
- ALTER ANY EVENT SESSION
- ALTER ANY SERVER AUDIT
- ALTER RESOURCES
- ALTER SETTINGS
- AUTHENTICATE SERVER
- CREATE DDL EVENT NOTIFICATION
- CREATE ENDPOINT
- CREATE TRACE EVENT NOTIFICATION
- EXTERNAL ACCESS ASSEMBLY
- CLR ASSEMBLIES
Cloud SQL for SQL Server supports the Transact-SQL syntax.
You can use Cloud SQL for SQL Server with App Engine applications running in the flexible environment that are written in Java, Python, PHP, Node.js, Go, and Ruby.
How you can connect to Cloud SQL for SQL Server instances
You can connect to a Cloud SQL instance for SQL Server from:
Connecting to Cloud SQL by using Private Google access is not supported.