This page describes the replication options offered by Cloud SQL.
Cloud SQL provides the ability to replicate a master instance to one or more read replicas. A read replica is a copy of the master that reflects changes to the master instance in almost real time.Cloud SQL supports the following read replication scenarios:
|Name||Master||Replica||Benefits and use cases||More information|
|Read replica||Cloud SQL instance||Cloud SQL instance||
|External read replica||Cloud SQL instance||MySQL instance external to Cloud SQL||
|Replication from an external server (external master for 2nd Generation)||MySQL instance external to Cloud SQL||Cloud SQL Second Generation instance||
|External master||MySQL instance external to Cloud SQL||Cloud SQL First Generation instance||
- Learn how to create a read replica.
- Learn how to configure an external replica configuration.
- Learn how to replicate your data from an external server.
- Learn how to configure an external master configuration.
- Learn about requirements and best practices for replication.
- Learn about replication in MySQL.
- Learn how to configure an instance for high availability.