The Dialogflow Hangouts integration lets you create bots you can include in one-on-one chats as well as chat rooms. See the Hangouts Chat API docs for more information.
To set up and enable the Hangouts Chat integration, follow these steps:
- Click on Integrations in the left menu.
- Click on Hangouts Chat.
- Click the switch in the top right to enable the integration.
Select one of the following access options:
- Everyone in your own domain - Any member of your domain can talk to the agent.
- Specific people or groups in your domain - A list is individuals and/or groups from your domain can talk to the agent.
- Only me - Only you can talk to the agent.
Choose which environment will serve your agent.
Configure your bot
Once your Hangouts Chat bot is created, you can change the details by clicking the CONFIGURE BOT DETAILS button, on the integration pop-up. This will take you to the Google Cloud Platform Console page for the Hangouts Chat API.
Follow the instructions on the Hangouts Chat API Publishing bots guide to configure and publish your bot.
Enable and configure with the Google Cloud Platform Console
The Hangouts integration can also be enabled through the Google Cloud Platform Console, using the following steps:
- In the Google Cloud Platform Console, click on the menu icon menu in the upper left hand corner.
- Click on APIs & Services then Dashboard.
- Click ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES.
- Search for "Hangouts chat".
- Click on the Hangouts Chat API tile.
- Click Enable.
- Click Configuration in the left sidebar menu.
- Follow the instructions on the Hangouts Chat API Publishing bots guide to configure and publish your bot.
Before testing your bot, make sure you've started it (Step 6 in the Set up section)
To test your bot, follow these steps:
- Go to Hangouts Chat.
- Click into the Search field.
- Select Message a bot.
- Enter your bot name.
- Click Message.
|Your administrator prevented you from talking to bots in direct messages.||Ask your G Suite administrator to allow users to install bots.|