The Dialogflow Hangouts integration lets you create bots you can include in one-on-one chats as well as chat rooms. See the Hangouts Chat API docs for more information.
To set up and enable the Hangouts Chat integration, follow these steps:
- Click on Integrations in the left menu.
- Click on Hangouts Chat.
- Click the switch in the top right to enable the integration.
Select one of the following access options:
- Everyone in your own domain - Any member of your domain can talk to the agent.
- Specific people or groups in your domain - A list is individuals and/or groups from your domain can talk to the agent.
- Only me - Only you can talk to the agent.
Choose which environment will serve your agent.
Configure your bot
Once your Hangouts Chat bot is created, you can change the details by clicking on the CONFIGRE BOT DETAILS button, on the integration pop-up. This will take you to Google Cloud Platform and you may need to enable the Hangouts Chat API.
These are the options available:
- Bot Status - Change this to set your bot as LIVE or DISABLED.
- Bot name - This name is used in messages, when searching, and for @ mentions.
- Avatar URL - Image URL to the avatar for the bot.
- Description - Description of the bot.
- Bot works in direct messages - Check to allow direct messages from users.
- Bot works in rooms - Check to allow your bot to work in chat rooms.
- Bot works in multi-person direct messages - Check to allow your bot to be added to multi-person chats.
- Also receive messages in group messages and rooms that match regular expressions - Check to add regular expressions your bot will check prior to reciving a message.
- Verification token - This displays the token sent with every request and can be used to verify where the request is coming from.
- Permissions - Similar to the option available when first enabling the integration, this allows you to change who can access your bot.
Enable and configure in Google Cloud Console
The Hangouts integration can also be enabled through the Google Cloud Console, using the following steps:
- In the Google Cloud Console, click on the menu icon menu in the upper left hand corner.
- Click on APIs & Services then Dashboard.
- Click ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES.
- Search for "Hangouts chat".
- Click on the Hangouts Chat API tile.
- Click Enable.
- Specify bot name, avatar URL, and description.
- Click Save.
Before testing your bot, make sure you've started it (Step 6 in the Set up section)
To test your bot, follow these steps:
- Go to Hangouts Chat.
- Click into the Search field.
- Select Message a bot.
- Enter your bot name.
- Click Message.