Schedule Chronicle dashboard reports
This page explains how you can schedule the delivery of Chronicle dashboard reports over email.
You can schedule the delivery of Chronicle reports for both the default dashboards and custom dashboards. When you schedule delivery of a Chronicle dashboard report, you perform the following tasks:
- Schedule the dashboard report to run at particular intervals.
- Specify the internal or external email addresses to deliver the report.
- Specify the format of the report such as CSV, PDF, or PNG file.
- Filter the report based on a specified time period.
- Set the pagination details and test the delivery of the scheduled report.
Control access to scheduling dashboard reports
You must have the Administrator role or Editor role to schedule dashboard reports. For more information about managing Users and Groups, or assigning roles, see Role Based Access Control.
Figure: Administrator role and Editor role provide access to schedule reports
Schedule report delivery
- Access the default or custom dashboard for which you want to schedule the report delivery.
- Click the apps Application menu icon, and select the Dashboards option.
- From the list of default and personal dashboards, select the dashboard for which you want to schedule the report.
- On the dashboard page, click the more_vert More icon and select Schedule delivery. If report schedules already exist for the dashboard, the Schedules dialog appears with options to edit or create new schedules. If report schedules don't exist for the dashboard, the Schedule dialog appears with the dashboard name appended in the following format: Schedule <Dashboard Name>.
In the Schedule dialog, specify the following details on the Settings tab:
- Select the interval of delivery from the Recurrence list and select the time of delivery. You can also specify the delivery timezone on the Advanced options tab.
In the Email addresses field, enter a comma-separated list of email addresses to which you want to deliver the report.
In the Format list, select the CSV, PDF, or PNG file format for the report.
On the Filters tab, specify the time period based on which you want to filter the report. If the dashboard does not contain filters, a message that the dashboard has no filters appears.
- To specify a filter, click the Time field and specify the filter condition, month, and year.
- To add more time filters, click add Add icon.
On the Advanced options tab, specify the pagination options for the email.
- To include a custom message in the email, in the Custom Message field, add a custom message.
- If required, select the following options:
- Include links: includes links in emails to the dashboards for which you have scheduled report delivery.
- Expand tables to show all rows.
- Arrange dashboard tiles in a single column.
- In the Paper size list, select the paper size.
- In the Delivery time zone list, select the timezone to deliver the message.
To test the delivery of the report over email, click Test now.
Click Save. The Schedules dialog appears.
To edit, duplicate, or delete the scheduled delivery, in the Schedules dialog, click the more_vert More icon.
To send the report immediately, click Send now.
To create another new schedule, click New.
To close the dialog, click Done.