This page shows you how to deploy your guestbook to App Engine by using the
This page is part of a multi-page tutorial. To start from the beginning and see instructions for setting up, go to Creating a Guestbook.
Deploying your application
To deploy your app to App Engine:
Navigate to the
Deploy the app:
gcloud app deploy app.yaml index.yaml
If compilation errors occur, fix as necessary and then rerun the
gcloud app deploycommand.
You might need to wait a few minutes before your app begins to serve traffic.
Verifying index generation
If you have specified the custom index in
index.yaml, after your application is deployed, the Cloud
Datastore Indexes are
automatically generated. This operation can take some time, and any visitors to
your site will receive a
DatastoreNeedIndexException until the indexes are
built. You can monitor the progress of the operation by visiting the Indexes
page in the Cloud Platform Console:
Viewing your deployed application
In your browser, visit this URL:
Tip: You can run the following command to open your browser to your app's URL:
gcloud app browse
- Find out how to authenticate users with Google Accounts or OAuth.
- Learn more about writing application logs and interpreting system logs in Reading and Writing Application Logs.
- To do work in the background asynchronously after your request, use Task Queues.
- For a deeper dive into how App Engine works, see the Go Runtime Environment.
- Read about request handling and request routing.