Welcome to Google App Engine! Creating an App Engine application is easy, and only takes a few minutes. And it's free to start: upload your app and share it with users right away, at no charge and with no commitment required.
Google App Engine applications can be written in the Go, Java, Python or PHP programming languages. This tutorial covers Go. If you would prefer to use Java, Python or PHP to build your applications, see the Java, Python 2.7 or PHP guides.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- build an App Engine application using Go,
- use the Go http package to serve web pages,
- use the App Engine datastore with the Go datastore API,
- integrate an App Engine application with Google Accounts for user authentication,
- use Go's html/template package with your app, and
- upload your app to App Engine.
By the end of the tutorial, you will have implemented a working application, a simple guest book that lets users post messages to a public message board.
To get started developing Google App Engine applications, you download and set up the App Engine software development kit.