Client libraries provide an optimized developer experience for calling the Vertex AI API. The client libraries use each supported language's natural conventions and reduce boilerplate code that you have to write. The following guide explains how to install them.
Before you begin
- Sign in to your Google Cloud account. If you're new to Google Cloud, create an account to evaluate how our products perform in real-world scenarios. New customers also get $300 in free credits to run, test, and deploy workloads.
In the Google Cloud console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
Enable the Vertex AI API.
Create a service account:
In the Google Cloud console, go to the Create service account page.Go to Create service account
- Select your project.
In the Service account name field, enter a name. The Google Cloud console fills in the Service account ID field based on this name.
In the Service account description field, enter a description. For example,
Service account for quickstart.
- Click Create and continue.
To provide access to your project, grant the following role(s) to your service account: Project > Owner.
In the Select a role list, select a role.
For additional roles, clickAdd another role and add each additional role.
- Click Continue.
Click Done to finish creating the service account.
Do not close your browser window. You will use it in the next step.
Create a service account key:
- In the Google Cloud console, click the email address for the service account that you created.
- Click Keys.
- Click Add key, and then click Create new key.
- Click Create. A JSON key file is downloaded to your computer.
- Click Close.
Set the environment variable
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALSto the path of the JSON file that contains your service account key. This variable only applies to your current shell session, so if you open a new session, set the variable again.
Example: Linux or macOS
KEY_PATHwith the path of the JSON file that contains your service account key.