Cloud IoT Core is priced according to the data volume used in a calendar month:
|Monthly data volume||Price per MB||Registered devices||Minimum charge*|
|Up to 250 MB||$0.00||Unlimited, within QPS maximums||1024 bytes|
|250 MB to 250 GB||$0.0045||Unlimited, within QPS maximums||1024 bytes|
|250 GB to 5 TB||$0.0020||Unlimited, within QPS maximums||1024 bytes|
|5 TB and above||$0.00045||Unlimited, within QPS maximums||1024 bytes|
Data volume is based on data exchanged by devices that are connected to Cloud IoT Core. There is no charge for create, read, update, and delete operations through the device manager.
*The minimum charge is for a 1024-byte message:
- For messages that are smaller than 1024 bytes, a charge for 1024 bytes will be applied. For example, if a device sends 25 bytes in an MQTT message, the charge for that message will be 1024 bytes × price/MB for the applicable monthly data volume tier.
- For messages that are larger than 1024 bytes, the charge will be message_size × price/MB for the applicable monthly data volume tier.
- PUBLISH (both cloud- and device-bound)
- PUBACK (ack of device configuration, cloud-bound)
- Requests: total bytes in the body
- Responses: total bytes in the body
- PUBACK (publish telemetry or state, from cloud to device)