This page documents production updates to Document AI. We recommend that Document AI developers periodically check this list for any new announcements.
You can see the latest product updates for all of Google Cloud on the Google Cloud release notes page.
To get the latest product updates delivered to you, add the URL of this page to your
reader, or add the feed URL directly:
August 24, 2020
Form Parser model updates
The Form Parser model has been updated. The model update includes the following features:
- Improved OCR quality for English detection.
- Improved key-value pair, checkbox, and table parsing detection quality, particularly for rotated images and handwritten text.
- Decreased latency for complex tables.
August 20, 2020
Invoice Parsing updates
July 04, 2020
Invoice Parsing Beta model upgrade
See the product documentation for more information.
April 14, 2020
Document AI Beta released
The following beta features are available in API version v1beta2:
- Document processing: You can use the API to parse forms or tables from PDF, TIFF, or GIF documents.
- Regional support: The API now offers multi-regional support (
eu) for all features. Using a multi-region endpoint enables you to configure the API to store and process your data in the United States or European Union.
Invoice processing Beta
- Invoice processing is now available as a restricted feature. See Parsing invoices for more information.