Dialogflow Skype Integration allows you to easily create Skype bots with natural language understanding based on the Dialogflow technology.
Setting Up Dialogflow
- In Dialogflow, go to Integrations in the left hand menu
- Click on the Skype tile
- Copy the Request URL
Setting Up Skype
In order to set up the Skype integration for your agent, you'll need the following:
- a Microsoft account (personal or business)
Creating a Bot in Skype
- Go to https://dev.botframework.com/bots/new and login
- Enter the following information:
- Bot Name
- Bot Handle
- Long Description
- Under Configuration, paste the Request URL into the Messaging endpoint field
- Click the Create Microsoft App ID and Password button
- Click the Generate an app password to continue button on the following
- Copy the generated password and click Ok then Finish and go back to Bot
- Complete the necessary information on the page and click the Register button
Continuing Dialogflow Setup
- Enter the information into the related fields, in Dialogflow. These are found on
the bot's setting page:
- Microsoft App ID
- Microsoft App Password
- Request URL
- Click the Start button
Testing in Bot Framework
You can test your bot right on the Bot Framework page. To start testing, click the Test button in the upper right hand corner.
Testing in Skype
- Click on Channels in the upper right hand corner and then click on Skype in the list.
- Once on the contact page for your app, click on the Add to Contacts button.
- Your bot will be added to your contacts and appear offline.
- Click on the name of your bot and then click the Add Bot button in the upper right hand corner.
The following events are invoked by this integration:
||Triggered when a user starts a conversation with your Skype bot.|
Rich response messages
The following rich response messages are supported.
Supported formats and sizes:
- 20 MB max size
A HeroCard is used for cards with Skype.
Title or subtitle or an image is required for a card.
Quick reply responses
A HeroCard is used for quick replies with Skype.
Custom payload responses
Refer to the Bot Framework documentation on Messages and Activities.