If you run into issues using Google Compute Engine, you might consider filing a report or contacting Google directly. Use this page to help determine how to file your report and the best place to send it to.
- Discuss programming and development on Stack Overflow. If you have questions about application programming and development on Compute Engine, ask your question here.
- Ask all about system administration on Server Fault. If your question is specifically about troubleshooting Compute Engine resources instead of programming and development, start here.
On both sites, you can use the official google-compute-engine tag. Review our FAQ before posting a new question.
Discuss Google Compute Engine
Discuss Google Compute Engine at the Google Compute Engine discussion group: gce-discussion.
Where to file a report
|Type of request||Where to file a report|
|Billing issues||Billing support|
|Bugs, defects, and feature requests||User Voice forum|
|Documentation feedback (incorrect documentation, general feedback, suggestions)||User Voice forum|
|Production issues (including performance issues)||User Voice forum|
|Paid support||If you are a paid support customer, contact Google directly.|
|SLA violation||Billing support|
|Report abuse||Abuse form|
Example: my credit card is stuck in pending state
Bugs and defects
Example: My instance is running much slower than usual
- What steps will reproduce the problem?
- What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
- What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
- Please provide any additional information.
File a feature request
Example: Google Compute Engine should add feature X
Your feature request might already have been filed on the User Voice forum. If so, upvote the feature to indicate that you would like to see it added.
If not, gather the following information and post the feature request to the User Voice forum:
- What is the desired behavior of the feature? (Be specific!)
- If relevant, why are current approaches or workarounds insufficient?
- If relevant, what new use cases will this feature enable?
Example: Documentation for X is out of date
If you run into issues while using the documentation, have general feedback, or want to make a suggestion, you can post your comments to the User Voice forum with the following information (if applicable):
- What URL are you reporting?
- What was inaccurate?
- General comments or suggestions
Example: my instance is running very slow
If you have a paid support contract, contact Google directly.
You can also report virtual machine abuse.
You may file a production issue report for your application. Google reads these reports but cannot reply individually. Operational support for individual applications is not provided via the issue tracker.