Get a Google support package
Google Cloud Platform offers different support packages to meet different needs, such as 24/7 coverage, phone support, and access to a technical support manager. For more information, see GCP Support.
Get support from the community
Use the following resources to get support from the Compute Engine community. Review our FAQ before posting a new question.
Ask a question on Stack Overflow
- Ask questions about application programming and development on Compute Engine on Stack Overflow. If you are using a Windows VM instance, the google-compute-engine+windows query returns questions tagged with both Google Compute Engine and Windows.
- Ask questions about troubleshooting Compute Engine resources on Server Fault.
Discuss Compute Engine
Join the gce-discussion Google group to discuss Compute Engine with Google engineers and other users. Join the gce-announce Google group to get Compute Engine announcements, and the gce-operations Google group to get updates on Compute Engine operations.
File bugs or feature requests
Where to file a report
|Type of request||Where to file a report|
|Billing issues||Billing support|
|Bugs, defects, and feature requests||User Voice forum|
|Documentation feedback (incorrect documentation, general feedback, suggestions)||Documentation feedback form|
|Production issues (including performance issues)||User Voice forum|
|Paid support||If you are a paid support customer, contact Google directly.|
|SLA violation||Billing support|
|Report abuse||Abuse form|
Bugs and defects
Example: My instance is unable to attach additional disks
- What steps will reproduce the problem?
- What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
- What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
- Please provide any additional information.
File a feature request
Example: Google Compute Engine should add feature X
Your feature request might already have been filed on the User Voice forum. If so, upvote the feature to indicate that you would like to see it added.
If not, gather the following information and post the feature request to the User Voice forum:
- What is the desired behavior of the feature? (Be specific!)
- If relevant, why are current approaches or workarounds insufficient?
- If relevant, what new use cases will this feature enable?
Example: Documentation for X is out of date
If you run into issues while using the documentation, have general feedback, or want to make a suggestion, use the documentation feedback mechanism. From any page in the Compute Engine documentation, click the "Send feedback" link near the top right of the page. This will open a feedback form. Provide the following information (if applicable):
- What URL are you reporting?
- What was inaccurate?
- General comments or suggestions
Your comments will be reviewed by the Compute Engine team.
Example: My instance is running very slow
If you have a paid support contract, contact Google directly.
You can also report virtual machine abuse.
You can file a production issue report for your application. Google reads these reports but cannot reply individually. Operational support for individual applications is not provided via the issue tracker.