How will this impact my existing virtual machine (VM) instances
Your current VMs that are running CentOS 8 are not affected. After December 31, 2021 you will still be able to start or stop your existing VMs that are using these images.
However, your projects might be at risk because you will be running CentOS 8 VMs that are no longer supported and are not receiving security updates.
What do I need to know
After this date, the following changes take effect:
- CentOS 8 images are still available but will be marked as deprecated.
- For your existing CentOS 8 based VMs, limited technical support is available through Google Cloud.
What do I need to do
- Review the operating system lifecycle and support policy.
- Evaluate your Migration options, then migrate your VMs to another operating system.
- Review the CentOS EOL guidance.
- Learn more about images on Compute Engine.