Learn how to use some of the most common App Engine features, such as serving simple HTML and static content, and how to manipulate data in the scenario of a blogging platform.
The following pages provide instructions for learning about the basic functionality with the most commonly used App Engine services. These guides provide you with functional code that you can use or extend for other scenarios.
- Setting Up Your Development Environment
- Learn how to set up your build environment for app development and deployment to Google App Engine Standard. The supported Java development and build environments are IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Apache Maven, and Gradle.
- Serving Static Content
- Learn how to securely serve static content such as HTML files, CSS, and images from Google App Engine standard environment.
- Handling Form Data
- Learn how to create a HTML form that uses the HTTP
POSTmethod to submit user provided data to a Java Servlet.
- Storing Data with Cloud SQL
- Learn how to store, retrieve, and delete user submitted data storing using Google Cloud SQL.
- Asynchronous Code Execution
- Learn how to schedule asynchronous code execution using task queues and manipulate images stored in Cloud Storage using App Engine's Image API.