This Changelog highlights notable changes to the API Design Guide.
Cleaned up some field description requirements; changed some uses of "must" outside RFC 2119 to be RFC 2119 "should" directives.
bool deletedstandard field, in favor of
google.protobuf.Timestamp delete_time(which was already listed).
Updated documentation.md to match https://google.aip.dev/192#formatting. Markdown tables and raw HTML must not be used in proto comments.
ErrorInfofor error handling.
Added Large Payloads for design patterns.
- Renamed Cloud APIs to Google Cloud APIs in glossary.
- Introduced API and service as synonyms of API service.
- Updated versioning to add two versioning strategies (channel-based and release-based), remove guidance on point versions, and change how we refer to semantic versioning.
- Add data retention to design patterns.
- Add terminology Cloud APIs to glossary.
- Recommend clients to retry only for UNAVAILBLE errors.
- Add "Bool vs Enum vs String" to design patterns.
- Add system parameters to standard fields.
- Add domain-scoped names to design patterns.
- Add streaming half-close semantics to design patterns.
read_timeto Standard Fields.
- Add schema reference for API Service Definition.
- Clarify API major version must be the last component of proto package name.
- Clarify why the
Createmethod take an input resource.
- Clarify collection IDs that don't have plural form, such as evidence and weather.
- Add singleton resource to design patterns.
- Clarify C# naming conventions for acronyms and versions.
mime_typeto standard fields.
expire_timeto standard fields.
end_timeto standard fields.
- Add "API endpoint" to glossary.
update_maskto standard fields.
- Add a link to
FieldMaskto standard methods.
- Mention that OpenAPI spec does not support unsigned integers.
- Clarify that method names should use verbs in the imperative mood.