Google Cloud Tools for Eclipse provides a wizard inside Eclipse to create new applications for the App Engine standard environment.
Before you begin
Sign in to your Google account.
If you don't already have one, sign up for a new account.
- Select or create a Cloud Platform project.
- Enable billing for your project.
- Ensure you installed the following:
- Eclipse version 4.5 or later.
- The latest version of the Google Cloud SDK.
- The Cloud Tools for Eclipse plugin.
- Install the
app-engine-javacomponents by running the following command in your terminal:
gcloud components install app-engine-java
Creating a new App Engine standard project
To create a new App Engine standard project in Eclipse:
Click the Google Cloud Platform toolbar button .
Select Create New Project > Google App Engine Standard Java Project.
Enter a Project name and (optionally) a Java package.
To create a Maven-based App Engine project, check Create as Maven Project and enter a Maven Group ID and Artifact ID.
The wizard generates a native Eclipse project, with a simple servlet, that you can run and deploy from the IDE.
- Once you've created an application, you can run and debug it on your local workstation.