Google Cloud Tools for Eclipse provides a wizard inside Eclipse to create new applications for the App Engine flexible environment.
Before you begin
Sign in to your Google account.
If you don't already have one, sign up for a new account.
- Select or create a Cloud Platform project.
- Enable billing for your project.
- Ensure you installed the following:
- Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers, version 4.5 or later.
- The latest version of the Google Cloud SDK.
- The Cloud Tools for Eclipse plugin.
- Install the
app-engine-javacomponents by running the following command in your terminal:
gcloud components install app-engine-java
Creating a flex application
To create an App Engine application for the flex environment:
Click the Google Cloud Platform toolbar button .
Select Create New Project > Google App Engine Flexible Java Project....
The New App Engine Flexible Project wizard displays.
Enter a Project name for your application.
If you want, enter values for the optional fields:
Enter a Java package name.
Select the Create as Maven project checkbox to generate a
pom.xmland configure the Eclipse project to use the Maven builder.
Enter the Group ID and Artifact ID for your Maven project.
The new application appears in the Eclipse Project Explorer.
- Once you've created an application, you can run and debug it on your local workstation.