In this section, you learn how to view high-level and detailed information about connection profiles.
View high-level information
High-level information about a connection profile includes:
- The name, ID, and type of the connection profile.
- Whether the connection profile is assigned to streams.
- How many streams are using the connection profile.
- Details about how Datastream can connect to the profile.
- When the connection profile was created or last updated.
- The region where the connection profile is established.
- Any labels added to the connection profile.
View detailed information
In addition to viewing high-level information about a connection profile, you can click a connection profile to see additional information, including:
- The connectivity method that Datastream uses to connect to the data source.
The Datastream IP addresses for the region where the connection profile is stored. You can use these IP addresses to configure your source database to allow incoming connections from them.
- The streams that are using the connection profile.
Go to the Connection profiles page in the Google Cloud Console.
Click the connection profile for which you want to see detailed information. This information appears on the Connection profile details page.
- Click SHOW TEST PANEL.
- Click RUN TEST.
After viewing high-level and detailed information about connection profiles, you can modify them.