This page shows you how to use Generative AI Studio to convert text to speech.
To learn how to convert speech to text, see Convert speech to text.
Convert text to speech
To convert text to speech, do the following:
In the Vertex AI section of the Google Cloud console, go to the Generative AI Studio page.
In the Speech card, click Open.
Select the Text-to-speech tab.
Configure the parameters as follows:
- Text: Enter the text that you want to covert to speech.
- Voice: Select a voice that you want the speech to be in.
- Speed: Use the slider or textbox to enter a value for the speed of
the speech. A value of
1represents normal speaking rate and a value of
4represents four times the normal speaking rate.
To listen to the generated speech, in Speech, click thePlay button.
To download the generated speech file in
.wavformat, click Download.
- Generative AI Studio only synthesizes audio with Text-to-Speech voices.
- Requests are limited to 200 characters.
- For more voices, languages, and advanced features, or to synthesize longer audio, use the Text-to-Speech console.