Before you can use Cloud TPU resources to train models you must have a Cloud Billing account and have a project set up for that purpose.
- Set up a Google Cloud account and a Cloud TPU project
- Enable billing for your Cloud TPU project.
- Activate the Cloud TPU APIs.
Create a Google Cloud account and a Cloud TPU project
Go to the Cloud Console and create a new project.
While setting up your project, you will be asked to set up a billing account. You will only be charged after you start using Google Cloud resources. To learn more about billing, read the Cloud Billing documentation.
Activate VM and TPU APIs
To train a model, you must activate the Compute Engine and Cloud TPU APIs. You can automatically activate an API by opening its page on the Cloud Console, as follows:
Click on each of the following links.
The APIs are now activated.
Close both console pages.
- Read Cloud TPU Beginner's Guide.
- Run a Cloud TPU quickstart.
- Learn how to create VM and TPU resources.