This page provides an overview of supported statements in GoogleSQL.
GoogleSQL is an ANSI compliant Structured Query Language (SQL) which includes the following types of supported statements:
- Query statements, also known as Data Query Language (DQL) statements, are the primary method to analyze data in Cloud Spanner. They scan one or more tables or expressions and return the computed result rows.
- Data Definition Language (DDL) statements let you create and modify database objects such as tables, views, and database roles.
- Data Manipulation Language (DML) statements enable you to update, insert, and delete data from your Cloud Spanner tables.
- Data Access Control statements let you grant and revoke access privileges at the table and column level.
- Transaction Control statements
allow you to manage transactions for data modifications.