Cloud Pub/Sub has both traditional REST/HTTP and gRPC interfaces. If you don't want to use our client libraries to access the Cloud Pub/Sub API , you have the option of writing your own client libraries that use its REST/HTTP or gRPC API surface. We recommend this approach only if your language or other needs are not met by our provided client libraries.
You can generate your own gRPC client libraries in any gRPC-supported language for the Cloud Pub/Sub API from its .proto service definition using these resources:
- Cloud Pub/Sub service definition
- gRPC documentation: Everything you need to generate and use your own gRPC client code
- RPC API Reference: Language-independent overview of the RPC surface
There are a number of possible options for interacting with a service's REST interface. To create your own clients, use the following resources:
- REST API Reference
- Guidelines for working with Google HTTP APIs
- API Discovery Service: Exposes machine readable metadata about the REST/HTTP API surface, useful for creating client libraries, tools, and plugins.
- Directory of client samples built with REST/HTTP APIs and the Google API Discovery Service.