Cloud Code provides IDE support for the full development cycle of Cloud Run, Kubernetes, and App Engine applications, with run-ready samples, out-of-the-box configuration snippets, and a tailored debugging experience.
Cloud Code also provides better integration with Google Cloud tools like Cloud Source Repositories, Cloud Storage and a variety of Cloud libraries.
Here's a snapshot of what Cloud Code has to offer:
- Streamlined deployment to Cloud Run: Deploy your Cloud Run services directly from the IDE to Cloud Run (fully managed) or Cloud Run for Anthos on GKE.
- One-click Run on Kubernetes: Develop on your Kubernetes clusters right from your IDE, using Skaffold. Configure Skaffold to use your desired build and deployment strategies: works with kubectl, Helm, Cloud Build (for remote builds), Jib, and Kaniko.
- Continuous development on Kubernetes: To maintain a tight development inner loop, you can enable continuous development and your changes are reflected in near real-time! With any changes to your Kubernetes config or code, Cloud Code will rebuild the container(s) and rerun your application.
- Easy maintenance of resources: Monitor your Cloud Run and Kubernetes resources from within your IDE by streaming and viewing logs for your resources using the Cloud Run and Kubernetes Explorers. You can also start, stop, and track the status of your clusters using the cluster dashboard.
- Skaffold configuration file and Kubernetes YAML editing support: Get set up quickly with smart templates, out-of-the-box snippets, and context-based completions to help you configure schema files according to best practices.