You must have the Billing Account Administrator role (
complete a series of one-time tasks per project and VPC network to create a
connection from the user's environment to the Cloud Volumes Service. For more
In the Google Cloud console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your project. Learn how to confirm that billing is enabled for your project.
In the Google Cloud console, open Cloud Shell.Open Cloud Shell
In Cloud Shell, run the following command to determine whether the Service Networking API, the Service Management API, and the NetApp Cloud Volumes API are enabled in your project:
gcloud --project=my-cvs-prj services list
If the APIs are not listed in the output, then they are not enabled.
If the APIs are not already enabled, then run the corresponding commands in Cloud Shell to enable them:
gcloud --project=my-cvs-prj services enable servicenetworking.googleapis.com gcloud --project=my-cvs-prj services enable servicemanagement.googleapis.com gcloud --project=my-cvs-prj services enable cloudvolumesgcp-api.netapp.com
- Grant the Cloud Volumes Service IAM role to your designated volume administrators.
- Setting up private services access for Cloud Volumes Service
- Creating and managing NFS volumes
- Creating and managing SMB volumes
- Monitoring cloud volumes
- Creating and managing volume snapshots
- Reverting a volume using a snapshot
- Backing up and restoring a cloud volume
- Security considerations
- FAQs about NetApp Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud
- Explore reference architectures, diagrams, tutorials, and best practices about Google Cloud. Take a look at our Cloud Architecture Center.