- Does Google look at or use the text I send to the Cloud Translation API?
- Google does not use any of your content for any purpose except to provide you with the Cloud Translation API service.
- Will Google share the text I send to the Cloud Translation API?
- We will not make the content of the text that you send available to the public, or share it with anyone else, except as necessary to provide the Cloud Translation API service. Cloud Translation API complies with GCPs Data Processing and Security Terms.
- Will the text I send to the Cloud Translation API, the results, or other information about the request itself, be stored on Google servers? If so, how long and where is the information kept?
- When you send text to Cloud Translation API, we must store that text for a short period of time in order to perform the translation and return the results to you. The stored text is typically deleted after 7 days, but can be temporarily stored up to 14 days in the event of a service failure
- How does Google protect and ensure the security of the data I send to Cloud Translation API?
- Please refer to the Google Cloud Platform Security page, and the Data Processing and Security Terms, which describe the security measures in place for Google's Cloud Services.
- Does Google use my data for improving Google Translation support?
- Google does not use the content you send to train and improve our Google Translation features.
- Does Google claim ownership of the content I send in the request to the Cloud Translation API?
- Google does not claim any ownership in any of the content (including text and labels) that you transmit to the Cloud Translation API.
- Can I resell the Cloud Translation API?
- No, you are not permitted to resell the Cloud Translation API service. You can still integrate Cloud Translation API into applications of independent value.
- How does Cloud Translation API relate to GDPR compliance?
- Please refer to the Google Cloud and the General Data Protection Regulation page which describes Google Cloud Platform commitments to the GDPR.
- Can Google guarantee that my data will not leave a specific region?
- Our services are global and we do not guarantee that the data will not leave the region for processing.
Except as otherwise noted, the content of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, and code samples are licensed under the Apache 2.0 License. For details, see the Google Developers Site Policies. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Last updated 2020-03-03.