The information on this page applies to the current pricing for Google Cloud's operations suite.
Based on your usage data, you can estimate your bills for using Google Cloud's operations suite.
The Cloud Billing Reports page, as well as the Logging, Monitoring, and Trace consoles, show you your current usage data. In addition, the Logging and Monitoring consoles display your projected usage data for the current month.
This page details how to access your usage data, depending on the aggregation that you prefer:
- Usage by billing account
- Detailed usage in Metrics Explorer
- Logging usage by project
- Logging usage by resource type
- Logs-based metrics usage
- Monitoring usage by Workspace
Review usage data to estimate your bill
Once you have the usage data you want, as described on this page, you can estimate your future bill in two ways:
Refer to the pricing information: Compare your current usage data with the prices found in this table to get a reasonable approximation of your future bills for Google Cloud's operations suite.
Use the pricing calculator:
- Select the Google Cloud's operations suite product.
- Add your current or projected Monitoring usage data to the Metrics section and click Add to estimate.
- Add your current or projected Logging usage data to the Logs section and click Add to estimate.
- Add your current Trace usage data to the Trace spans section and click Add to estimate.
Once you have input your usage data, click Estimate.
Estimates of your future bills for using Google Cloud's operations suite appear. You can also Email Estimate or Save Estimate.
View usage by billing account
- From anywhere in the Cloud Console, click Navigation menu menu and select Billing.
- If you have more than one billing account, select Go to linked billing account to view the current project's billing account. To locate a different billing account, select Manage billing accounts and choose the account for which you'd like to get usage reports.
- Select Reports.
- Select Group By > SKU. This menu might be hidden; you can access it by clicking Show Filters.
From the SKUs drop-down list, make the following selections:
- Log Volume (Cloud Logging usage)
- Spans Ingested (Cloud Trace usage)
- Metric Volume and Monitoring API Requests (Cloud Monitoring usage)
You can also select just one or some of these SKUs if you don't want to group your usage data.
Your usage data, filtered by the SKUs you selected, appears:
View detailed usage in Metrics Explorer
To view the metrics for a monitored resource using Metrics Explorer, do the following:
- In the Google Cloud Console, go to Monitoring or use the following button:
Go to Monitoring
- In the Monitoring navigation pane, click Metrics Explorer.
- Ensure Metric is the selected tab.
- Click in the box labeled
Find resource type and metric, and then select from the menu or
enter the name for the resource and metric. Use the following information to complete the
fields for this text box:
- For the Resource, select or enter Global.
For the Metric, select one of the following:
- Log bytes ingested: Log bytes ingested in Logging.
- Monthly log bytes ingested: Each point represents the month-to-date sum of log bytes ingested in Logging. The monthly total is available on the last day of the month, when it also resets.
- Metric bytes ingested: Chargeable number of bytes of metric data ingested in Monitoring.
- Trace spans ingested: Chargeable trace spans ingested in Trace.
- Monthly trace spans ingested: Each point represents the month-to-date sum of trace spans ingested in Trace. It resets on the last day of the month; the monthly total is found on the last day of the month.
- Use the Filter, Group By, and Aggregator menus to modify how the data is displayed. For example, you can group by resource or metric labels. For more information, see Selecting metrics.
Your usage data appears, filtered by the metrics you selected.
If metrics usage data doesn't appear in the chart, then you might need to zoom
1m in the time range selector above the chart.
View Logging usage by Google Cloud project
Go to Logging:
Select Resource usage.
The Resource usage page displays a summary of your logs ingestion data for the selected Google Cloud project. This data includes the previous month's total usage, the current month's to-date usage, and projected usage for the current month.
Optional: To review your project-level billing data in detail, click See Bill under Last month's ingested logs volume. This takes you to the Cloud Billing Reports page.
View Logging usage by resource type
Go to Logging:
Select Resource usage.
The Logs ingestion table displays a summary of your logs ingestion data by resource type. This data includes the previous month's total usage, the current month's to-date usage, and projected usage for the current month.
View logs-based metrics usage
Go to Logging:
Select Logs-based metrics.
In the User-defined Metrics table, your usage data appears:
- Previous Month Usage represents the sum of bytes ingested in the logs-based metric in the previous calendar month.
- Usage (MTD) represents the sum of bytes ingested in the logs-based metric in the current calendar month.
Optional: Clicking any of the column names lets you sort data in ascending or descending order. This is helpful, for example, if you want to review which metrics ingest the most data.
View Monitoring usage by Workspace
A Workspace is used in Cloud Monitoring to monitor the resources you care about, whether they are in a Google Cloud project, an AWS account, or multiple Google Cloud projects and AWS accounts. Monitoring organizes itself around Workspaces rather than around Google Cloud projects, as other Google Cloud services do. For more information, go to Workspaces.
To view your Monitoring usage by Workspace, do the following:
Go to Monitoring:
If the Monitoring navigation pane, select Settings and then select the Summary tab.
The Metrics Ingested table displays a summary of your metrics ingestion data by resource. This data includes the previous month's total usage, the current month's to-date usage, and projected usage for the current month.
Optional: To get your project-level usage in detail, click View Bill in the Metrics Ingested table. This takes you to the Cloud Billing Reports page.