After you've finished the Python tutorial, you can clean up the resources that you created on GCP so they won't take up quota and you won't be billed for them in the future. The following sections describe how to delete or turn off these resources.
Deleting the project
The easiest way to eliminate billing is to delete the project that you created for the tutorial.
- In the GCP Console, go to the Projects page.
- In the project list, select the project you want to delete and click Delete delete.
- In the dialog, type the project ID, and then click Shut down to delete the project.
Deleting or turning off specific resources
You can individually delete or turn off some of the resources that you created during the tutorial.
Deleting app versions
- In the GCP Console, go to the Versions page for App Engine.
- Select the checkbox for the non-default app version you want to delete.
- Click Delete deleteto delete the app version.
Deleting Cloud SQL instances
- In the GCP Console, go to the SQL Instances page.
- Click the name of the SQL instance you want to delete.
- Click Delete delete to delete the instance.
Deleting Cloud Storage buckets
- In the GCP Console, go to the Cloud Storage Browser page.
- Click the checkbox for the bucket you want to delete.
- Click Delete delete to delete the bucket.
Deleting Compute Engine resources
If you tried the tutorial about how to run Python on Compute Engine, see the Run the teardown script section of that tutorial.