This page explains how to enable or disable Dataproc Metastore for your Google Cloud project. For information about service usage on Google Cloud, see Enabling and disabling services.
Before you begin
You must have Owner, Editor, or
roles/serviceusage.serviceUsageAdminrole to enable and disable the Dataproc Metastore API. For more information about roles and permissions, see IAM and access control.
To avoid additional charges, complete the following steps before you disable the Dataproc Metastore API.
Delete all of your services. The API cannot be disabled while services still exist.
Wait until in-progress service operations for deleting services have completed.
Enabling Dataproc Metastore
Before using Dataproc Metastore, you must create a Google Cloud project and enable billing.
You can use an existing project with Dataproc Metastore or create a new one. In both cases, you need to enable the Dataproc Metastore API.
To create a project and enable the Dataproc Metastore API:
- In the Cloud Console, select or create a project.
- Make sure that billing is enabled for your project.
- To activate the Dataproc Metastore API in a new or existing project, go to the API overview page for Dataproc Metastore.
- Click Enable.
Disabling Dataproc Metastore
- In the Cloud Console, select the project to disable the Dataproc Metastore API in.
- Go to the API overview page for Dataproc Metastore.
- Click Manage.
- Click Disable API.
- Learn more about the quickstart guide.
- Learn more about creating a service.
- Learn more about accessing a service.