Through Cloud Code, you can add new projects to Cloud Source Repositories and check out existing projects.
Before you begin
- Sign in to your Google Cloud account. If you're new to Google Cloud, create an account to evaluate how our products perform in real-world scenarios. New customers also get $300 in free credits to run, test, and deploy workloads.
In the Google Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
Make sure that billing is enabled for your Cloud project. Learn how to confirm that billing is enabled for your project.
Uploading source code
Upload your code to Cloud Source Repositories from Cloud Code:
Open the project you want to add to Cloud Source Repositories.
Select VCS > Import into Version Control > Setup on Google Cloud Source Repositories.
In the dialog, use the drop down menu to select the Cloud Project associated with your project.
Use the drop down menu to select your Cloud Repository.
If you don't have a repository, or if you want to create a new one, click Create a new cloud repository.
Cloud Code will open a new browser window to the Google Cloud Console so that you can create the new repository.
By default, Cloud Code sets the Remote Name. You can enter a different name in the New Remote Name field.
Browsing the source files
After uploading your source code, browse the code in the Google Cloud Console:
In the Google Cloud Console, select the project that contains your source code.
In the Tools section of the left navigation bar, select Development > Source Repositories.
Checking out the source code
Check out source code from Cloud Source Repositories:
Choose VCS > Get from Version Control....
- Select Google Cloud from the Version Control dropdown and click Clone.
- In the Clone from Google Cloud dialog, select the Cloud Project associated with your project.
- Select your Cloud Repository.
- Select the Parent Directory.
- Enter the Directory Name.
- Click Clone.
You can alternatively check out from the Welcome screen by selecting Get from Version Control and choosing Google Cloud from the Version Control dropdown. This displays the Clone from Google Cloud dialog.