protobuf wire format uses the Variant class to determine how to transmit a single piece of data. May be used by other formats; see Protocol Buffers Encoding for more information.
Variant is provided by the
Variant has the following values:
- Boolean value (True or False)
- String of 8-bit bytes.
- 64-bit floating point number.
- Enum value (an integer).
- 32-bit floating point number.
- 32-bit signed integer.
- 64-bit signed integer.
- Embedded message as byte string.
- 32-bit signed integer. Uses ZigZag encoding.
- 64-bit signed integer. Uses ZigZag encoding.
- String of UTF-8-encoded text.
- 32-bit unsigned integer.
- 64-bit unsigned integer.