dev_appserver.py [options] yaml_path [files...]
The positional argument
yaml_path specifies one or more
app.yaml files, one per module.
For a complete list of options, type:
The most common options are described here.
- Host name to which the local Development Console should bind (default: localhost).
- Port to which the local Development Console should bind (default: 8000).
- Uses the local computer's Sendmail installation for sending email messages.
- Prints a helpful message then quits.
- The host address to use for the server. You may need to set this to be able to access the development server from another computer on your network. An address of
0.0.0.0allows both localhost access and hostname access. Default is
- The lowest logging level at which logging messages will be written to the console; messages of the specified logging level or higher will be output. Possible values are
- The port number to use for the server. Default is
8080. If multiple servers are launched, they will be assigned subsequent ports (e.g.
- By default, development server logs are stored in memory only. This option stores request logs in a file at the specified path, making the logs available across server restarts. For example:
- Disables automatic generation of entries in the
index.yamlfile. Instead, when the application makes a query that requires that its index be defined in the file and the index definition is not found, an exception will be raised, similar to what would happen when running on App Engine. The default value is
- The hostname of the SMTP server to use for sending email messages.
- The port number of the SMTP server to use for sending email messages.
- The username to use with the SMTP server for sending email messages.
- The password to use with the SMTP server for sending email messages.
- Path at which all local files (such as the Datastore, Blobstore files, Google Cloud Storage Files, logs, etc) will be stored, unless overridden by